Stories and quotes will inspire potential clients. The more real and natural they are the more powerful they will be.
Here are some easy ways to both get and use testimonials well.
- Request ‘short natural quotes’ from your clients that express the value they have experienced. It is much easier to get these than wait for them to write you a full testimonial.
- Call your client and ask them if you can use these ‘quotes’ in your marketing literature. You must have their permission
- Get specific evidence of the results that you helped your clients achieve. People buy results and are influenced by what others have found to be successful.
- Build up your bank of testimonial quotes by asking for one every time you get good feedback at the end of a successful piece of work for a client.
- Ask a selection of really ‘happy clients’ that you have a good rapport with, if they would be prepared to provide a verbal reference for you. You can then give potential new clients the opportunity to speak to them, if needed.
- Have a selection of good stories to tell about how you have helped a particular clients solve a particular problem. Use them appropriately in your sales conversations
- Regularly write about the success your clients have had using your product or service. Create a case study template and follow a similar style and format.
- Record happy clients saying a few words about how your service has helped them the most on video.
- Weave these testimonials into your marketing, social media activities and literature
- These ideas all work - cost very little and are extremely powerful in helping you to win the confidence of new clients.
If you want to learn more about Natural Selling click here to find out about my 10-lesson online course.